Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nadal Ends Federer’s Reign at Wimbledon

Photo: Ryan Pierse/Getty Images

I promise, this is my last tennis post until the U.S. Open. I was glued to the tv all yesterday and pacing. 2 rain delays. I was hyperventilating. Everyone is boo-hooing over Roger losing but Nadal was a worthy opponent and deserved to win. Sure it was sad to see Roger practically in tears although quite frankly I think he was stunned, but he can't win everything all the time or the sport would be boring! So yay to Rafa and congrats on winning back to back grand slams!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm glad Rafa won. I love tennis but I was getting mighty bored watching Roger steamroller everyone for - how many years now? My HUGE disappointment was that I Tivo'ed the match but with the rain delays the Tivo didn't run long enough and the recording stopped midway through the 5th set. Talk about a let down!! I paid $24.99 to Wimbledon.org so I could see Rafa win.

a. said...

I am glad there is a fellow Rafa fan out there! I got all choked when he won.

Deborah said...

Oh, yes. It was great to see.