Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cute or Too Cutesy?

I am just posting up a storm today...I saw this and thought it was cute but then I thought...hmm...way too cutesy. I work in an industry where "cute" is definitely frowned upon and that means people don't take you seriously which is the last thing you want. I also had to laugh watching Gossip Girl the other night when Serena pulled the bow headband out of Blair's hair. The offending bow headband is shown below - I am not adding the link. ENOUGH already with the bow headbands - ladies, unless you are in grade school they just really aren't appropriate, at least not for the workplace and maybe not ever (again, cute for maybe grade schoolers, not for adults)! This annoys me almost as much as people referring to themselves in the third person!

5 comments:

KK said...

I think the only person in this world that could pull of the bow headband is Blair Waldorf! :)

Speaking of bows, what do you think of girls wearing ribbons in their hair? Is that something that shouldn't go past high school? Hmmm.

a. said...

I agree about Blair being probably the only one that can carry this look off but she is still in high school.

I think a hair bow in a ponytail for a casual look is fine (although it reminds me of cheerleaders and pep rallies) but still not for the office especially if you want to be taken seriously!

I suppose there is a time and a place for everything.

Corinne said...

That headband looks good for weekend wear; I could see wearing that with jeans and a sweater. But not for work.

KK said...

Thanks! I was just wondering. I sometimes see older girls wearing ribbons and I just wasn't sure.

Lulu said...

love these headbands (also love blair!). i have never visited your blog before, but it seems like one i will enjoy! if you would like an invite to my blog, send me your info to lcgpreppy@gmail.com