Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Politics and Fashion

I don't think these two should be connected in any way and it's really turning me off to not only some celebrities that can't seem to shut the hell up but also to a lot of so-called FASHION magazines. The last thing I want to see when I pick up Vogue or W is breastfeeding and politics. There are plenty of other magazines for those audiences why do editors feel the need to shove this stuff in our faces?

This is the headline I just read via Media Bistro that got me going - Vogue Declares Victory for Democrats in November Issue Cover Line (HuffPo) - Vogue takes a bold political step with its November cover, headlining a feature on the Biden Women "All The Vice President's Women." The feature is based on the premise that, "If Senator Biden is elected, he'll bring along a close-knit family of strong, independent women." But while the article includes the conditional "if," the headline, and cover line, treat the Bidens as if the election is a done-deal.

Not that anyone cares but I really feel like these magazines are alienating readers and long time subscribers like me with the "in your face" declarations when all I want to read about is fashion. I am disgusted with W because they continue to feature Angelina and Brad (who cares?) and have decided as a long time subscriber when my subscription ends in February I will not renew. I prefer Town & Country that seems to stand out these days in the class department.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! Why in the world would anyone want to see Angelina breastfeeding? Gag.

And don't get me started on politics. Is it Nov. 5th yet?

Princess Freckles said...

I agree! While I love to check out what the politican's wives and daughter wear, I don't need to read about it in Vogue! I'll pick up a different magazine. And W? Jeeze! I'm so sick and tired of Brad and Angelina! I think breast feeding is disgusting when done in public!