Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vampire Weekend: Contra

Although it's a ways off - Vampire Weekend announced today that their new cd will drop on January 12, 2010! Above is the cover and below is the tracklist:

1: horchata
2: white sky
3: holiday
4: california english
5: taxi cab
6: run
7: cousins
8: giving up the gun
9: diplomat's son
10: i think ur a contra

I LOVED their first cd. I'm old - what the hell is a contra? Is this something hip and cool I don't know about? I'm sure it means something a whole lot of languages!

4 comments:

Mariana Lopes said...

In portuguese, "contra" means against :)

What Kate Wore said...

The cover is very cool... and it's great there is a second album coming out!

Have a fantastic rest of the week!
tp

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I was/am a huge fan of their first album too. How convenient that their 2nd is coming out near my birthday - very considerate of them!

Kate said...

I just looked on Urban Dictionary but it wasn't very helpful- mostly entries on some video game??