Monday, November 9, 2009

La Belle Boutique

This weekend I stopped by the La Belle Boutique at Far Hills Country Day School in Bernardsville, NJ. They had lots of wonderful vendors including Smathers & Branson, Meg Carter Designs, Bird Dog Bay, and local favorites like Windswept Boutique, Notables, Skirtin' Around, Catch All, Blue Eyed Susan, and Simply Fabulous Accessories.

Best of all, I had the opportunity to meet fellow blogger Marnie of MMR Design that I had been following since this past summer when I found her through Kristin over at Summer in Newport. I had been hemming and hawing over which wonderful frame to purchase through her Etsy store and just couldn't decide. I am so glad I got to see all the wonderful frames in person. I LOVE the fact that there is something for everyone as far as the fabric choices and that there is no glass. All you have to do is pop the picture behind the ribbon. I forgot my camera but managed to snap a few pictures of the MMR Design table :)
I finally decided on this one because it reminded me of the infamous "I Married Adventure" bookbinding which looked fabulous with the Hermes orange ribbon plus the whole orange and brown combo. Great, right? Marnie also has an Etsy store here but check her blog then contact her because not everything is listed on Etsy.





Photo Credit for "I Married Adventure" - Pigtown Design

5 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

I love Marnie! I had a chance to meet her in Baltimore over the summer, and she's wonderful! (As are you!)

She made me the most adorable frame - brown ultrasuede with labs on the ribbons. Perfect for a certain dog in my house!

DHD Design Studio said...

Love the zebra.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words! Wish you had come over and introduced yourself. all the best, Meg

Marnie said...

thanks so much alyssa for the big post and pop - i am just getting to all my reading today - great to meet you and your mother -

pve design said...

Marnie is a dear! I love her frames and I was so honored to do her blog header and little tag that goes with each frame. She has so much energy, I love it!
pve