Thursday, March 25, 2010

Funky Chunks: The Surf Collection



If you don't know about Funky Chunks and you love handmade soap, you're missing out so I'm here to let you in on a a great find. I've been on the hunt for nice, affordable handmade soaps that have a lather to them (similar to the brand LUSH) for a long time. Amazingly enough I found them and right at the Jersey Shore. I found Funky Chunks via Twitter (yay Twitter!) this past winter and I've been hooked ever since. One of my requirements was that it lather up because I must have bubbly soap and Michelle, the owner of Funky Chunks assured me that it would. The soap did not disappoint and I've ordered a couple of times already with plans to place more.

I highly recommend The Surf Collection (I have used Beach Grass, Beach Cruiser and Surf Wax). They are all amazing and I can't wait to try the new scents Michelle has concocted over the winter (Blue Tiki and Shore Breeze.) Sunshine is also a favorite but not in The Surf Collection.

Do you know someone that loves the Jersey Shore and can't get there? Need a hostess gift? this summer? A few bars of Funky Chunks would definitely make them happy :)
Michelle is a pleasure to deal with plus I like to support small local businesses especially when owned by women so it's really a win-win!


3 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

They sound wonderful! I love beachy smelling things!

Suz said...

You know just how to reel me in :) I'm obviously buying all of these!

Anonymous said...

I have the site open to the Surf Collection in another tab, thinking about Mother's Day gifting. They really do look luscious, and the 'lots 'o lather' component is extra nice. :)

Another great tip!
tp