Sunday, December 2, 2007

Holiday Fun/Meme

I didn't want to post this until December and here we are at December 2nd already and it snowed this morning:

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Definitely hot chocolate, never could get into the nog not sure why.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them with lots of bows and ribbons in pretty metallic paper.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Plain old-fashioned white, non-flashing, non-moving, non-icicle kind.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. I think that's only appropriate for party settings!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
I like to get maximum enjoyment out of my trees. I put mine up the first weekend in December and I take them down on New Years Day.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Anything involving cranberries.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I am sure my mother will cringe when she reads this but thinking there was a puppy hiding in the bathroom when it was really an old antique trunk? WTF Mom??? You can imagine the letdown.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
My mother always told us that if we didn't believe in Santa then there would be no gifts so at 36 I still believe.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Always!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Well I have 2 pink ones and one green one. The pink ones don't have lights. One is decorated with all round silver balls and the other is my "Lilly P. tree" with the "Oh Shift" dresses and the menagerie from the resort collection this year (see photo - please don't cut and paste without my permission). My green one has white lights and is decorated with all my knitted or crafty type ornaments from Anthropologie, Target, etc.
11. Snow: love it or hate it?
Love it as long as I am home and have no where to go. It's pretty waking up to it but if you have to hit the roads forget it.
12. Can you ice skate?
Nope, never learned probably because I hate the cold weather.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
There have been too many to list but I am never disappointed oh except for the year I didn't get the puppy!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
I don't know if I can articulate the most important thing, it changes from year to year. I believe in helping out people that wouldn't normally have a Christmas and we've been providing presents for a family for years now collectively with some other friends. It feels good to know that you are doing something worthwhile for other people.


15.What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Anything involving gingerbread :-) or cookies!

16. What tops your tree?
It varies. The past few years it's been a gold bow. I know, lame.

17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Both! I love shopping for other people, it's very gratifying but I would be lying if I said I didn't like getting presents too.

18. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I have so many! Christmas in Hollis?!? I did a whole separate post on this last year and will re-post :-)
19. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Does "Love Actually" count?
20. What would be the best gift you could receive this year?
A vacation to someplace warm and sunny!

I am not tagging anyone but feel free to post on your own blogs. Thanks M for sending me this one!

9 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

Thanks, Hon!!!
Tree looks great.

PINK POPPY said...

awwwwwwhhh~your lilly tree is toooooo cute~I love it! I may have to break down and bit the bullet and get a set of the stuffed cuties! Why oh why does Lilly P have to bring all this cute stuff out around the holidays...when your suppose to be buying for others!?!?!?!?!? :)...they are irresistable!

Corinne said...

I want that cute pink tree!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Cute tree!

I'm too am a believer in Santa, I like me some presents. ;)

Sarah M said...

Love Actaully is my favorite movie. I could watch it over and over again.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to be on the record as to showing my gratitude for your chic/sophisticated blog! I don't post much, but will try harder in the new year.

Fondly,
Allison
(the Hermes H bracelet girl - still lovin the ice blue!)

Anonymous said...

Also, my 3rd grader is on the brink of disbelief regarding Santa Claus due to her icky peer group in homeroom. I've told her the truth when questioned every year "you have got to BELIEVE, never stop BELIEVING in this christmas magic!"

Allison

a. said...

So glad you love the bracelet. I love the blue :-)

You've gotta believe or no presents, do what my mom did!

Buford Betty said...

I LOVE the Lilly tree!!!!!