Thursday, January 3, 2008

Grandma, Cousin Billy, Christian Dior


Snapshots of Christian Dior, top, and Pauline Trigère taken by Stanley Marcus.

A reader asked me about the Stanley Marcus book around Christmastime and I highly recommended it as a gift even though you know how I feel about Neiman Marcus! Today's NY Times Thursday Styles hits the highlights. Click here for the article.

Addendum: The book can be purchased through Neiman Marcus here (photo above) or the University of Texas Press in conjunction with the exhibit mentioned in the article will publish. Not sure of what the difference will be but the price is significantly less on Amazon here to be released next month.

5 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

I met Pauline Trigiere in college. She was so amazing, I can't even tell you. She even signed a white linen napkin for me. ;-)

Monogram Momma said...

I met Pauline Trigiere in college. She was so amazing, I can't even tell you. She even signed a white linen napkin for me. ;-)

a. said...

Somehow I have a book that either belonged to her or was written by her or something. Anyway, it's signed too :-)

MaudeLowell said...

After we "spoke", I bought two copies from NM online. They arrived individually packaged in beautiful gold boxes with red ribbon and bows. The friends that I gave them to loved them! Thanks again for being the perfect resource.

a. said...

Wonderful! Glad to help!