Friday, January 4, 2008

The World Beach Project


Devised by artist and weaver Sue Lawty in association with the V&A, the World Beach Project is a global art project open to anyone, anywhere which endeavours to create a permanent record of the individual human desire to make a pattern.

Become a part of the project by making your own pattern out of stones and pebbles on a beach or shoreline, record the work-in-progress with photographs and then upload them to the V&A website in order to plot your location on a world map.

I love this idea - seriously. I often make things on the beach when I am just sitting in my chair and think wow that's cool. What can I say, I am easily entertained!

7 comments:

SLC said...

Neat! I love anything that has to do with the beach.

Pigtown*Design said...

I will send this to my housemate in wales. he lives right by a beach and is a mosiac artist.

a. said...

Fantastic - I knew you would find this useful!

The Paris Apartment said...

oooh now that's a project even I could do! can't wait to play in the sand!

a. said...

Perfect for you this winter Claudia!

Julia said...

such a fabulous idea! If the temp rises I will head right to the beach!!!!

Monogram Momma said...

I love this idea too.. we always do stuff like this in the sand with the mini's.